Catch and Release

Connections to the River

Saturday, September 1, 2018

new post

Montana is a Big Place

I love my life in Montana, a place with long empty roads, and good people. 
I live in Lincoln Montana, and fly fish my favorite waters, some more than others. the choices are actually more than I can to choose from. 
Going fishing will always be just that. It is with good planning and a little luck. Planning is always very important part of my routine. I am older now and am slowing down more and more.
The last twelve months have been extraordinarily difficult. Fishing took a vacation for months, as our region was having constant snowstorms. Staying home, indoors became the norm for many months.
Now, this month and October should be excellent for fly fishing. It is always at this time that the brown trout become a bit larger as they come up to spawn. The cutties are fun to catch as the weather cools down. October Caddis is sometimes a great fly.
Animals are very common to see I shared a few moments with a large cow elk last week. I have fresh bear spray now. Consider yours before hitting the trail.
September is a month of change. The kids are back in school, summer vacations are over. Most fly fishers in Montana, serious fly fishers, head out to get great fishing time before darkness becomes a problem.
                           These pictures
The canyon area
only tell part of the story. More will follow.
Please let your imagination go.

Montana is a big state
Springtime rainbow trout
 
Patrick Owen


Missouri River landscape

Montana Jim

The Blackfoot River



Missouri River beauty
Paradise

Heavy weight

Spring on the Missouri

 Floods on the Blackfoot River


Cut Throat Trout

Smile


Brown Trout

Brown Trout about to go free


Fly Fishing brings good results
A breaktime on the Missouri River
Action with the Cut Throat

Clear water of the Blackfoot River

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me feed back, makes it better...