Catch and Release

Connections to the River

Friday, February 27, 2015

Greetings from Montana

The wild nature of Montana is always special in this part of America. 


The worst case of frustration overcomes all the catches of the day when the rod breaks. My Sage Rod has been with me for 19 years, broken at least 6 times, twice in one season. Yes I own a good back up rod, but I never bring two when when I go to the river...
During my fishing days in Yellowstone National park, I once hiked a long ways with a friend to fish an isolated section of the Yellowstone River. The shore line was steep without any trails.  Climbing down to the water I foolishly ran my rod into a large and fierce boulder. BROKEN...I gathered my emotions and fished the rest of the day with 1/2 the rod, and yes I did catch some nice Yellowstone Cut Throats.I have tried to be careful since the initial incident, but now I know it just seems to happen when one least expects it. The Sage warranty has been a life saver.
On the Blackfoot I ran into a youngster from Idaho last summer and he had two rods in his hands, as he scaled the steep hill between us and the river. I had never seen that before, I don't think it really helped him catch more fish, but he was very proud!
I smiled and bid him good luck!

Its cold here in Montana, some light snow lately, This was from earlier this week on the way to Missoula. The Bob marshall Wilderness is in the distance.
.
I do favor cut throat trout.  It's a good thing because the Blackfoot is heavily populated with them 

     Clear water, a wonderful, healthy River


This fish clearly shows the spots of the Cut Throat

I try to release all my fish back to the river in good health.




Spring is in the air, the sun stays up past 6pm now.
I can't wait for the next Moose!


Peace everyone, please help save the bees, it means everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me feed back, makes it better...