Catch and Release

Connections to the River

Saturday, January 24, 2015

I do love to fly fish.

January 24, 2015
Today is Saturday, a very warm, but rainy day! The rain fell overnight and covered all the back roads became skating rinks with a glassy film of water.  The guys with sanding trucks were having a good day, and other friends had problems driving from their home to work.
I am planning on a fishing or two day soon, the ice is completely gone off the river and the trout are very hungry! Next week the weather looks promising, warmer and dry. Yea!
I was gifted with an outstanding partner in my life! Sandy was the complete balance for me and together we lived a life of challenge and adventure! Sandra cast a dry fly with the best and could be counted on to catch as many great trout as anyone. She had a jewel of a mind, shared her heart with her family, and lived a gifted life! She preferred to fish  the "cracks" in Yellowstone Park. The stretched where few ventured and the fish were grand! Together we fished nearly every fish able water in the park. I am now alone, but I have been there, a place so many have never been able to find. I will always love Sandy, and her mark will move on with me and through our grandchildren. :)






2 comments:

  1. You make me fall in love with fly fishing & last part of the story so 😢 ,but inspired me more on fly fishing. Thank for sharing your real life story uncle jim.

    Me arsad hunter caster.

    ReplyDelete

Give me feed back, makes it better...