Catch and Release

Connections to the River

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I am a fortunate fly fisher. I have for many years worked on catching trout in many different settings. I live in Montana,and have for many years, and will live here in Lincoln for the duration. I could run a commentary about the obvious evolution of the sport, but want to limit  comments to my perspective. 
Jim is an old school fly fisher. I started to cast my line in 1986, when I was young and strong.  Now at my age, I take on fishing with less concern about equipment and techniques, and rely  on instinct, my very best tool. 
January has been a warmer than normal winter month, however cold weather set upon us early  this winter and snow is piled deep in the mountains. 
 Many of my fishing friends must travel a ways , hike for miles or even go to other parts of the world to find fish. I will and do occasionally drive or hike to fish, but mostly I walk and wade to my favorite stretches of the Blackfoot River. That equates to good fortune. 
Check out the old school wool gloves! The are warm, inexpensive, and easy to haul around!






When thinking goes to beauty and the fishing is only a part of the adventure!

Subscribe to my post at the bottom of this page. I appreciate feedback! Thanks...Jim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me feed back, makes it better...