Catch and Release

Connections to the River

Saturday, June 25, 2016

June



Last week the river slowed down and was very clear. The weather was agreeable, and the trout have been biting. I picked up a neat streamer in the dollar bin at Wolf Creek Anglers, brought it home and and it was a sweet success. I managed a few trips out to explore and of course fish my local favorites. I never really stopped fishing for the last six weeks, just changed venues looking for hook ups in some new streams and of course, had great times in the Missouri River.
I am constantly learning new places, new flies and meeting new friends. I think of the people I know that plan on fishing the delightful waters of Montana. Sometimes, especially around the fourth of July, the river gets put to the test. Worm sales soar and the rapella rack at the store gets thin. I am chuckling....
It is not uncommon to shop around for empty water especially on week-ends and around the holiday. Sometimes the weather produces more whales than fish. At the gas station today, the scene was amazing. Many smiling people and a variety vehicles, all with non local plates. Shorts and flip flops...
Local business thrives with this influx and the fourth will be an all out event with a great parade, and fireworks that are spectacular. Many people migrate here from other communities that have banned them, to enjoy sky rockets and mini bombs..
I have gathered some pictures to share, I hope you enjoy my time fly fishing as much as the pictures were fun to take. I use a very special camera, 20 bucks at the pawn shop.
enjoy!

The release
Streamer and a brown trout


                                                            





Spring colors of the cut throat

Spring breaks out on the Blackfoot River!





3 comments:

  1. Living the dream Jim, keep up the adventures great pics J Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I opened it for the first time and was exceptionally surprised and delighted with your posts and photography. Had you thought of doing a book on the Blackfoot and the cuttties?

    Keep up the good work!

    Joe Nicklo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened your blog for the first time and was plesantly surprised and delighted with your posts and especially the photography. Have you ever considered a book on the Blackfoot and the cutties?

    ReplyDelete

Give me feed back, makes it better...